Blog this shit

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

GST is increasing yet again.

After all these years of living, i have come to notice that everything around me has increased prices tremendously. They include bus and MRT fares, cigarettes and even food. Among all, i felt that transport and tabacco increased the most. From the first bus I took which costs 25cents to the current 83cents? And cigarettes from the time I started smoking, $2.70 per 10 sticks to $11.20 per 20 sticks.

Back to the topic, GST (Goods and Service Tax)

I am sure everyone has eaten in a restaurant. Do you ever read the receipt? Which shows the service charge and GST? I wondered just now, since GST is included, why must service charge be included too? Even if so, the restaurant should charge only 2.5% for the goods tax. Why are we to pay two times the service tax/charge? Will someone correct and convince me that I am wrong to say so?

And since everything around us has increased their prices, what about the pay? Economy is picking up, so should the basic pay of individuals. I pity those lower classes. They worked so hard to earn that misery sum of money to pay for all bills and etc. And subsidies always take alot of procedures and time to process, and not all of them gets approved.

However, we cannot complain much also. I always thought that the standard of living in Singapore is high, till I went to Bangkok two months ago. I doubt their salaries can get as high as ours, but yet their things in the local shopping malls cost around the same price as ours. Let's wait till the integrated resort is built, I am sure things are gonna happen. Let's just hope it would benefit the people better.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home